How can I fix my computer monitor? It says, "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk

Questions about hard disks' performance, issues, tips, and software.
kiran

How can I fix my computer monitor? It says, "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk

Post by kiran »

Sorry, this isn’t an issue with your monitor, it’s with your boot drive.

One of two things is happening here…

Your HDD/SSD has gone bad or the boot sector is corrupted
You have a device installed that is causing your computer to think IT is the boot drive.
The second issue is easy. A computer may look at any jumpdrives or external USB drives as being a potential boot drive. If you have a jump drive in a USB slot, remove it and try rebooting.

If it’s the first issue, then it’s highly unlikely that there’s much you can do about it, at least under most circumstances. Your best bet is to remove the old drive, install a new one, install your OS (Windows, Linux, OSx, whichever), then attach the old drive as a secondary, or an external, and pray it will come up long enough for you to pull anything you need.

Of course, if you’ve been doing your due diligence, then you should already be properly backed up, in which case, a bad boot drive is only a minor inconvenience.

You can now buy new or refurbished DELL 1.2TB 12G 10K 2.5 SAS HDD 0GK8MY at best price in India.