My Seagate hard drive is not getting detected. The light is also not blinking. What could be the issue?

Questions about hard disks' performance, issues, tips, and software.
kiran

My Seagate hard drive is not getting detected. The light is also not blinking. What could be the issue?

Post by kiran »

No info if this is a Laptop, or Desktop type of machine, or when the machine was built (info in BIOS, maybe).

If Have SMART enabled on the HD, and if can access the SMART data, then might have an insight of the HD health. Internet Search for HD SMART, and how access, interpret SMART data.

Otherwise, a lot of Guesses! And will not attempt any guessing here, just what might assist in getting your HD Data.

I would attempt to Backup an Image of the HD, your choice of whatever Backup Software you’ve been using. And if the HD, HD controller, or whatever else might be having intermittences, it might be a very long backup (even overnight) due to whatever (if) works part of the time.

You have been backing up the HD? sometime? rarely, or not at all?

Then have your Tech Support remove the HD, and put that HD in an external enclosure to be attached to a working machine.

And depending on the Tech Support (maybe you) expertise, an adventure to Diagnose if it’s a HD Problem, or other issue with the machine the HD was removed from.

You can now buy new or refurbished DELL 1.2TB 12G 10K 2.5 SAS HDD 0GT7MJ at best price in India.